This workshop is designed for graduate students (and others) who want to understand more about the copyright issues they are likely to encounter.
The workshop will cover:
- What copyright is and what copyrights you have in your work;
- Using third-party works in your writing, including using public domain and openly licensed works, relying on fair use, and securing permission;
- Depositing your dissertation or thesis online;
- Considerations when signing a publication contract; and
- Managing your online scholarly identity.